Monday, November 21, 2011

Reflective: Steve, don't eat it!


Steve, don't eat it, in my opinion, was not a very good blog. It did inform you of different types of cultures eating habits, but at the same time it does this in a negative and disgusting way. It points out all the nasty things that different people and cultures my actually enjoy. When I was growing up my aunt always told me that you never say "gross" or "nasty" about someone else's eating habits because you would not like it if they said the same about you. I just feel like this blog could have been written with a little more compassion towards the targeted people who enjoy those foods. I am also aware that it tells you some of the bad things that are in the foods, and makes you aware of just how unhealthy the foods may be. However, in these blogs fast food was not incorporated. It is by far just as unhealthy as anything else that they may have mentioned. Just because it is popular, it was not mentioned though because the writer did not want to step on to many peoples toes so he/she wrote about the unpopular foods. This to me just felt like a target for these people telling them that they are strange and different just because they eat differently than most people may. To me judge someone because of what they eat is just not acceptable. Maybe it was just the way I was raised but I do not feel like this something that should have been blogged about because a lot of people can potentially read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment